ETYM French accčs, Latin accessus, from accedere. Related to Accede.
1. The right to enter
2. A way of entering or leaving; SYN. approach.
3. The act of approaching or entering.
4. The right to obtain or make use of or take advantage of something (as services or membership).
Sinonimi: memory access
(Computer science) The operation of reading or writing stored information; SYN. memory access.
1. The act of reading data from or writing data to memory.
2. Connection to the Internet or other network or system.
Microsoft’s relational database–management software for the Windows desktop platform. Part of the family of Microsoft Office products, Access in its most recent version (Access 2002) supports Web technology for building, managing, and sharing data. Access 2002 also includes new and improved tools for accessing and viewing information and offers integration with Microsoft’s BackOffice database product, SQL Server. See also Office.
Sinonimi: get at
1. To obtain or retrieve from a storage device; as of information on a computer.
2. To reach or gain access to; SYN. get at.
To gain entry to memory in order to read or write data.