1. A battle in the Seven Years' War (1759) in which the Anglo-Allied forces defeated the French; Also called: battle of Minden.
2. City in Iowa (USA); zip code 51553.
3. City in Louisiana (USA); zip code 71055.
4. City in Nebraska (USA); zip code 68959.
5. Unincorporated community in Nevada (USA).
Industrial town (tobacco, food processing) of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, on the river Weser; The French were defeated here 1759 by an allied army from Britain, Hanover, and Brunswick, commanded by the duke of Brunswick.