1. Causing or imparting motion; of, relating to, or being a motor neuron or a nerve containing motor neurons; of, relating to, concerned with, or involving muscular movement
2. Equipped with or driven by a motor; of, relating to, or involving an automobile; designed for motor vehicles or motorists
ETYM Latin motorius that has motion. Related to Motor.
Converts other forms of energy into mechanical energy and so imparts motion.
Anything that produces or imparts motion; a machine that provides mechanical power, particularly an electric motor. Machines that burn fuel (gasoline, diesel) are usually called engines, but the internal-combustion engine that propels vehicles has long been called a motor, hence “motoring” and “automobile” were used as early automotive terms. Actually the motor is a part of the automobile engine.
Involving or relating to movements of the muscles.
1. To travel by automobile; drive
2. To move or proceed at a vigorous steady pace
3. To transport by automobile