1. Automated Calibration Equipment
2. American Council on Education
3. Proteolytic enzyme that converts angiotensin I into angiotensin II
4. A major strategic headquarters of NATO; safeguards an area extending from Norway to Turkey
(Informal) Of the highest quality; SYN. A-one, crack, first-rate, super, tiptop, topnotch, tops.
ETYM Old Eng. as, French as, from Latin as, assis, unity, copper coin, the unit of coinage. Related to As.
Someone who is very highly skilled; SYN. adept, virtuoso, genius, hotshot, star, whiz, whizz, wizard, wiz.
A serve that the receiver is unable to reach, as in tennis.
One of four playing cards in a deck having a single pip on its face.
Stands for access control entry, an entry in an access control list (ACL).
See: access control entry (ACE)
1. To play in one stroke; of holes, in golf.
2. To score a point against
3. To serve and ace against (someone), in tennis.