1. A battle between the French and an alliance of Spaniards and Swiss and Venetians in 1512; Also called: battle of Ravenna.
2. City in Kentucky (USA); zip code 40472.
3. City in Nebraska (USA); zip code 68869.
4. City in Ohio (USA); zip code 44266.
5. Village in Michigan (USA); zip code 49451.
Historical city and industrial port (petrochemical works) in Emilia-Romagna, Italy; It lies in a marshy plain and is known for its Byzantine churches with superb mosaics.
Ravenna was a Roman port and naval station.
It was capital of the W Roman emperors 404–93, of Theodoric the Great 493–526, and later of the Byzantine exarchs (bishops) 539–750. The British poet Byron lived for some months in Ravenna, home of Countess Guiccioli, during the years 1819–21.