ETYM U. S.
1. Like or containing small stick lumps; SYN. lumpy.
2. Short and thick; as e.g. having short legs and heavy musculature; SYN. dumpy, low-set, squat, squatty, stumpy.
1. Stiff or benumbed, as with cold.
2. Without skill or grace; wanting dexterity, nimbleness, or readiness; stiff; awkward, as if benumbed; unwieldy; unhandy.
Short and fat; SYN. podgy, pudgy, tubby.
Being short and pudgy; rotund
ETYM Cf. dial. Swed. sqvabb a soft and fat body, sqvabba a fat woman, Icel. kvap jelly, jellylike things, and and Eng. quab.
Short and fat; SYN. squabby.
Having a low center of gravity; built low to the ground; SYN. underslung.
ETYM From Stock.
Short and thick; thick and muscular.
1. Full of stumps; hard; strong.
2. Short and thick; stubby.
1. Sounding dull and without proper resonance or freedom of sound
2. Pudgy, fat