ETYM Latin collectio: cf. French collection.
1. A publication containing a variety of works; SYN. compendium.
2. Several things grouped together; SYN. aggregation, accumulation, assemblage.
3. The act of gathering something together; SYN. collecting, assembling.
ETYM Latin repertorium, from reperire to find again; pref. re- re + parire, parere, to bring forth, procure: cf. French répertoire. Related to Parent.
1. A storehouse where a stock of things is kept.
2. The entire range of skills or aptitudes or devices used in a particular field or occupation; SYN. repertoire.