Cubic content, volume, or displacement.
Sinonimi: size of it | sizing
1. The physical magnitude of something (how big it is)
2. The property resulting from being one of a series of graduated measurements (as of clothing)
3. A large magnitude
4. (Informal) The actual state of affairs; SYN. size of it.
5. Any glutinous material used to fill pores in surfaces or to stiffen fabrics; SYN. sizing.
ETYM French, from Latin volumen a roll of writing, a book, volume, from volvere, volutum, to roll. Related to Voluble.
In geometry, the space occupied by a three-dimensional solid object. A prism (such as a cube) or a cylinder has a volume equal to the area of the base multiplied by the height. For a pyramid or cone, the volume is equal to one-third of the area of the base multiplied by the perpendicular height. The volume of a sphere is equal to 4/3 x pr3, where r is the radius. Volumes of irregular solids may be calculated by the technique of integration.
1. A publication that is one of a set of several similar publications.
2. A relative amount.
3. The amount of 3-dimensional space occupied by an object.
4. The magnitude of sound (usually in a specified direction); SYN. loudness, intensity.