ETYM Latin occidentalis; cf. French occidental.
Denoting or characteristic of countries of Europe and the Western Hemisphere; SYN. Hesperian.
Situated in or facing or moving toward the west.
1. Lying in or toward the west; SYN. western.
2. Of wind; from the west; SYN. western.
1. Lying toward or situated in the west
2. Of or characteristic of regions of the United States west of the Mississippi River
3. Relating to or characteristic of regions of western parts of the world
Lying toward the west.