Sinonimi: jade; tire; weary
To tire with labor or any bodily or mental exertion; to burden with labor; to exhaust the strength or endurance of; SYN. jade; tire; weary.
1. To wear out by overwork or abuse.
2. To tire or dull through repetition or excess.
3. To become weary or dulled.
(Homonym: ware, where).
(Irregular preterit, past participle: wore, worn).
1. To be dressed in; SYN. have on.
2. To deteriorate through use or stress; SYN. wear off, wear out, wear thin.
3. To have in one's aspect; wear an expression of one's attitude or personality.
4. To have on one's person; SYN. bear.
5. To have or show an appearance of.
6. To last and be usable; SYN. hold out, endure.
7. To put clothing on one's body; SYN. put on, get into, don, assume.
To turn a ship's stern to windward to alter its course.