ETYM From Carry.
1. Someone whose employment involves carrying something; SYN. bearer, toter.
2. A person or firm in the business of transporting people or goods or messages; SYN. common carrier.
3. A person who has some pathogen to which they are immune but who can pass it on to others.
4. A rack attached to a vehicle; for carrying luggage or skis or the like.
5. A vehicle designed to carry something.
6. An inactive substance that is a vehicle for a radioactive tracer of the same substance and that assists in its recovery after some chemical reaction.
7. A boy who delivers newspapers; SYN. newsboy.
ETYM French, lit., stoker.
A man paid to drive a privately owned car.
ETYM From Drive.
1. The operator of a motor vehicle.
2. Someone who drives animals that pull a vehicle.
3. (Computer science) A program that determines how a computer will communicate with a peripheral device; SYN. device driver.
4. A golf club used for hitting long shots from the tee; SYN. number one wood.
5. A golfer who hits the golf ball with a driver.