1. To cause to dangle or hang freely.
2. To hang freely; SYN. swing, drop.
1. To be determined, based, or contingent
2. To be pending or undecided
3. To place reliance or trust; to be dependent especially for financial support
4. To hang down
5. To Elliptical use of:
(Irregular preterit, past participle: hanged).
(Irregular preterit, past participle: hung).
1. To be exhibited.
2. To be menacing, burdensome, or oppressive.
3. To be placed in position as by a hinge.
4. To be suspended or hanging.
5. To be suspended or poised.
6. To cause to be hanging or suspended; SYN. hang up.
7. To decorate or furnish with something suspended.
8. To fall or flow in a certain way; SYN. fall, flow.
9. To kill by hanging; SYN. string up.
10. To let drop or droop.
11. Said of meat: to be left hanging, in order to acquire a gamey taste.
12. To place in position as by a hinge so as to allow free movement in one direction.
13. To prevent from reaching a verdict, of a jury.