1. Adhering or confined to a particular sect or denomination or party; SYN. partisan.
2. Relating to or characteristic of a particular religious denomination.
ETYM Old Fren. religius, religious, French religieux, from Latin religiosus. Related to Religion.
1. Concerned with sacred matters or religion or the church; SYN. spiritual.
2. Extremely scrupulous and conscientious.
3. Having or showing belief in and reverence for a deity.
4. Relating to or concerned with religion or spiritual things; especially dedicated to service in a religion; SYN. spiritual.
ETYM Latin spiritualis: cf. French spirituel. Related to Spirit.
1. Concerned with or affecting the spirit or soul; SYN. unearthly.
2. Lacking material body or form or substance.