A container used to remove water from a boat.
ETYM Old Eng. boket; cf. AS. buc pitcher, or Corn. buket tub.
1. An open-topped and roughly cylindrical vessel; SYN. pail.
2. The quantity contained in a bucket; SYN. bucketful.
1. A case for containing a set of articles.
2. A set of articles or tools for a specified purpose; SYN. outfit.
3. Young of any of various fur-bearing animals:
ETYM Old Eng. paile, as. paegel a wine vessel, a pail, akin to Dutch and German pegel a watermark, a gauge rod, a measure of wine, Dan. paegel half a pint.
1. The quantity contained in a pail; SYN. pailful.
2. A usually cylindrical container with a handle; bucket.