1. The art or practice of cozening; fraud
2. An act or an instance of cozening
Act of depriving of property through fraud, deceit
Action contradictory to a professed attitude; duplicity. double dealing
ETYM Old Eng. and Old Fren. joglerie, French jonglerie.
1. Artful trickery designed to achieve an end.
2. The performance of a juggler.
The act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme:; SYN. cheat.
1. The use of tricks to deceive someone (usually to extract money from them); SYN. chicanery, guile, wile, shenanigan.
2. Verbal misrepresentation intended to take advantage of one in some way; SYN. hocus-pocus, slickness, hanky panky, jiggery-pokery, skulduggery, skullduggery.