To make crisp.
To become crisp.
1. To form a curl, curve, or kink; SYN. curve, kink.
2. To twist or roll into coils or ringlets; SYN. wave.
1. To cover with or as if with folds; envelop
2. To surround with a covering; contain
3. To clasp within the arms; embrace
To enfold or enclose with or as if with a covering; swathe
Sinonimi: enfold | enwrap | wrap | enclose
To enclose or enfold completely with or as if with a covering; SYN. enfold, enwrap, wrap, enclose.
1. To wrap in a covering; enfold
3. To preoccupy or absorb mentally; engross
To draw up or gather into close compass; to wrap or roll, as a sail or a flag.
1. To enfold, envelop
2. To fold inward or toward one another
Wrap, enfold; perplex; involve in difficulty or complication
Sinonimi: mute | dull | damp | dampen | tone down
ETYM Cf. French maffle, mumble, Dutch moffelen.
To deaden (a sound or noise), esp. by wrapping; SYN. mute, dull, damp, dampen, tone down.
Sinonimi: wrap up
ETYM A corrupt spelling of rap.
To arrange or fold as a cover or protection; SYN. wrap up.