1. Someone who holds an office of responsibility and decision-making in an administration; SYN. decision maker.
2. Someone who manages a government agency or department; SYN. executive.
3. The party appointed by a probate court to distribute the estate of someone who dies without a will or without naming an executor.
ETYM From Custody.
One having charge of buildings or grounds or animals; SYN. keeper, steward.
ETYM Old Fren. guardain, gardien, French gardien, Late Lat. guardianus. Related to Guard, Wasden.
1. One one watches over and protects.
2. (Law) One one has legal custody of a child or other dependent.
Sinonimi: legal guardian
A person to whom legal title to property is entrusted to use for another's benefit; SYN. legal guardian.