1. To lay the basis of; to set, or place, as on something solid, for support; to ground; to establish upon a basis, literal or figurative; to fix firmly.
2. To take the first steps or measures in erecting or building up; to furnish the materials for beginning.
1. To deliver or hand down (said of a verdict), by a jury; SYN. deliver, return.
2. To cause to become
3. To give back; SYN. return.
4. To give or supply; SYN. yield, return, give, generate.
5. To present formally; SYN. submit.
1. To resound; to echo.
2. To be driven back, as sound; reflected.
3. Treat, process, heat, melt, or refine in a reverberatory furnace
4. Spring back; spring away from an impact
5. To throw or bend back (from a surface)
6. Be reflected as heat, sound, or light or shock waves
7. Have a long or continuing effect