Stupid person; numskull
(Slang) A silly, witless person.
A foolish or incompetent person.
ETYM Old Eng. clodde, latter form of clot. Related to Clot.
1. A lump or mass, especially of earth, turf, or clay.
2. The ground; the earth; a spot of earth or turf.
3. That which is earthy and of little relative value, as the body of man in comparison with the soul.
4. A dull, gross, stupid fellow; a dolt.
1. A clumsy and uncouth rustic
2. A large heavy work shoe or boot
An unsophisticated person; also; something corny.
ETYM Old Eng. dulte, prop. p. p. of dullen to dull. Related to Dull.
An idiot; a blockhead.
Slang; a stupid person; blockhead