ETYM AS. cearful.
1. Cautiously attentive; SYN. heedful.
2. Exercising caution or showing care or attention.
3. (Archaic) Full of cares or anxiety.
4. Mindful of the future in spending money; SYN. thrifty.
5. With care and dignity; SYN. deliberate, measured.
ETYM Old Eng. particuler, French particulier, Latin particularis. Related to Particle.
1. Providing specific details or circumstances.
2. Separate and distinct from others of the same group or category.
3. Separate and distinct from others.
4. Unique or specific to a person or thing or category; SYN. peculiar, special.
First and most important; SYN. special.
ETYM Latin primarius, from primus first: cf. French primaire. Related to Prime, Premier, Primero.
1. Not derived from or reducible to something else; basic; SYN. primitive.
2. Of first rank or importance or value; direct and immediate rather than secondhand.
ETYM French, from Latin primus first, a superl. corresponding to the compar. prior former. Related to Prior, Foremost, Former, Prim, Primary, Prince.
1. At the best stage.
2. (Math) Of or relating to or being an integer that cannot be factored into other integers.
Used of the first or originating agent.
ETYM French, from Latin radicalis having roots, from radix, -icis, a root. Related to Radix.
1. Arising from or going to the root; SYN. root.
2. (Botany) Especially of leaves; located at the base of a plant or stem; especially arising directly from the root or rootstock or a root-like stem; SYN. basal.
3. (Linguistics) Of or relating to or constituting a linguistic root.
Pertaining to, like, deriving from or striking at root; fundamental; extreme; Mathematics, pertaining to radix.
1. In good condition; free from defect or damage or decay
2. Free from moral defect
4. Financially secure and safe