ETYM Cf. French achčvement, Eng. Hatchment.
1. The act of achieving or performing; an obtaining by exertion; successful performance; accomplishment.
2. The result of such an act; an accomplishment.
3. A great or heroic deed; something accomplished by valor, boldness, or praiseworthy exertion; a feat.
4. An escutcheon or ensign armorial; now generally applied to the funeral shield commonly called hatchment.
Object which is acquired.
The act of acquiring something; SYN. getting.
ETYM Latin acquisitio, from acquirere: cf. French acquisition. Related to Acquire.
1. Something acquired.
2. The act of contracting or assuming or acquiring possession of something.
3. The cognitive process of acquiring skill or knowledge
4. An ability that has been acquired by training
1. Arrival at a new stage.
2. The act of achieving an aim.