ETYM Latin contactus, from contingere, -tactum, to touch on all sides. Related to Contingent.
1. The state or condition of touching or of being in immediate proximity.
2. The physical coming together of two or more things; SYN. impinging, striking.
3. The act of touching physically; SYN. contacting.
4. Close interaction:.
5. A person who is in a position to give one special assistance; SYN. middleman.
6. A communicative interaction; SYN. touch.
7. A junction where things (as two electrical conductors) touch or are in physical contact; SYN. tangency.
Sinonimi: coming upon
ETYM Old Fren. encontre, from encontrer. Related to Encounter.
A casual meeting with a person of thing; SYN. coming upon.
1. A formally arranged gathering
2. A small informal social gathering; SYN. get together.
3. The social act of assembling for some common purpose; SYN. coming together.
4. A casual or unexpected convergence; SYN. encounter.