Rast, stas, pojas, pas.
ETYM Akin to OSw. and Dan. bunke heap, Icel. bunki heap, pile, bunga tumor, protuberance; cf. W. pwng cluster. Related to Bunk.
(Irregular plural: bunches).
1. A thick grouping of similar things; SYN. clump, cluster.
2. Any collection in its entirety; SYN. lot, caboodle.
1. A complex of fibers or filaments that are twisted together to form a thread or a rope or a cable.
2. A pattern forming a unity within a larger structural whole
3. A poetic term for a shore (as the area periodically covered and uncovered by the tides).
ETYM Old Eng. wast; originally, growth, akin to AS. weaxan to grow; cf. AS. waestm growth. Related to Wax to grow.
The narrowing of the body between the ribs and hips; SYN. waistline.
1, An arbitrary line encircling the narrowest part of the waist.
2. The part of a garment that covers the waistline or may be above or below it as fashion dictates.
3. Body circumference at the waist.