To change from a liquid to a semi-solid.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: froze, frozen).
1. To be cold.
2. To be very cold, below the freezing point.
3. To change from a liquid to a solid when cold; SYN. freeze out, freeze down.
4. To cause to freeze.
5. To change water to ice.
6. To stop a process or a habit by imposing a freeze on it; SYN. suspend.
7. To stop moving or become immobilized; SYN. stop dead.
8. To anesthetize by cold, as for certain surgical procedures.
9. To behave coldly and formally.
10. To prohibit the conversion or use of (assets); SYN. block, immobilize.