Splav, kompa, trajekt.
ETYM Old Eng. feri; akin to Icel. ferja, Swed. färja, Dan. faerge, German fähre. Related to Ferry.
1. A boat that transports people or vehicles across a body of water and operates on a regular schedule; SYN. ferryboat.
2. Transport by boat or aircraft; SYN. ferrying.
A boat used to ferry passengers, vehicles, or goods. SYN. ferry-boat, ferry boat
ETYM Icel. skîth a billet of wood. Related to Shide.
An unexpected slide; SYN. slip, sideslip.
Sinonimi: microscope stage | leg
ETYM Old Fren. estage, French étage, (assumed) Late Lat. staticum, from Latin stare to stand. Related to Stand, Static.
1. A large platform on which people can stand and can be seen by an audience.
2. Any scene regarded as a setting for exhibiting or doing something.
3. (Usually); the theater as a profession.
4. A small platform on a microscope where the specimen is mounted for examination; SYN. microscope stage.
5. A section or portion of a journey or course; SYN. leg.
Sinonimi: Norfolk wherry
Light shallow boat; barge.
1. Light rowboat for use in racing or for transporting goods and passengers in inland waters and harbors.
2. (Brit) Sailing barge used especially in East Anglia; SYN. Norfolk wherry.