Rasadnik; pripravni zavod ili pripremna škola (za bogoslove, učitenje), semenište; na univerzitetima: zavod za stručno usavršavanje u nauci (istorijski, srpski, filološki i dr. seminar). (lat.)
1. An academic meeting or seminar usually led by a different lecturer and on a different topic at each meeting.
2. An address to an academic meeting or seminar.
A course that reviews and updates a topic for those who have not kept abreast of developments; SYN. refresher.
ETYM German See Seminary.
1. A course offered for a small group of advanced students.
2. Any meeting for an exchange of ideas.
ETYM Latin seminarium, from seminarius belonging to seed, from semon, seminis, seed. Related to Seminal.
1. A private place of education for the young.
2. A theological school for training ministers or priests or rabbis.
1. A brief intensive course for a small group; emphasizes problem solving.
2. Small establishment where handcrafts or manufacturing are done; SYN. shop.