1. med. Sečenje, paranja, otvaranje leša;
2. Odeljenje, deo (knjige, geografske karte);
3. Odeljak, otsek (nekog većeg nadleštva);
4. Deo puta ili pruge; voj. vod. (lat.)
ETYM Latin sectio, from secare, sectum, to cut; akin to Eng. saw a cutting instrument: cf. French section. Related to Saw, Scion, Dissect, Insect, Secant, Segment.
1. A self-contained part of a larger composition; SYN. subdivision.
2. A very thin slice (of tissue or mineral or other substance) for examination under a microscope.
3. One of several pieces or parts that fit with others to constitute a whole object; SYN. segment.
4. A distinct region or subdivision of a territorial or political area or community or group of people.
5. A division of an orchestra containing all instruments of the same class.
6. A segment of a citrus fruit.
7. A land unit of 1 square mile measuring 1 mile on a side.
8. A small army unit usually having a special function.
9. A small team of policemen working as part of a police platoon.
10. (Geometry) The area created by a plane cutting through a solid; SYN. plane section.