Zastupati dostojanstvo i iskreno određenu sredinu, partiju, ustanovu, firmu, državu i sl (lat.)
ETYM French représenter, Latin repraesentare, repraesentatum; pref. re- re- + praesentare to place before, present. Related to Present. re-present, re present.
1. To create an image or likeness of; SYN. interpret.
2. To serve as a means of expressing something.
3. To take the place of; SYN. stand for, correspond.
4. To be representative or typical for.
5. To be a delegate for; represent somebody's interest, as of politicians and office holders representing their constituents, or of a tenant representing other tenants in a housing dispute.