U geodeziji: visinska tačka, uočljiva tačka. (fr.)
Sinonimi: bench mark
1. One of a number of marks along a line of survey, affixed to permanent objects, to show where leveling staffs were placed.
2. Any standard by which variations or performance may be tested.
1. A standard by which something can be measured or judged
2. A surveyor's mark on a permanent object of predetermined position and elevation used as a reference point; SYN. bench mark. bench mark
Sinonimi: turning point
ETYM as. landmearc. Related to Land, and Mark a sign.
1. A mark showing the boundary of a piece of land.
2. An event marking a unique or important historical change or one on which important developments depend; SYN. turning point.
3. The position of a prominent or well-known object in a particular landscape.