1. To make a gash in
2. To make a gash; cut
To cause injuries or bodily harm to; SYN. wound.
1. To cut drastically
2. To cut open; SYN. gash.
3. To cut with sweeping strokes; as with an ax or machete; SYN. cut down.
To stab or pierce; SYN. jab.
1. To fit with wings
2. To enable to fly or move swiftly
3. To traverse with or as if with wings
4. To effect or achieve by flying
5. To let fly; dispatch
6. To wound in the wing; disable the wing of
7. To wound (as with a bullet) without killing
8. To do or perform without preparation or guidelines; improvise
9. To go with or as if with wings; fly — often used with it
1. To hurt by violence; to produce a wound.
2. To hurt the feelings of; to pain by disrespect, ingratitude, or the like.
To execute in vengeance or passion; to inflict; to hurl or drive.