1. Something shown to the public; SYN. exhibit, showing.
2. A visual representation of something; SYN. presentation.
3. Behavior that makes one's feelings public.
4. Exhibiting openly in public view.
5. Something done in order to communicate a particular impression; SYN. show.
6. A device that represents information in visual form; a computer terminal.
ETYM Latin praesentatio a showing, representation: cf. French présentation.
1. The activity of presenting something.
2. The act of making something publicly available; presenting news or other information by broadcasting or printing it.
3. The act of presenting a proposal.
4. The act of presenting something; SYN. presentment, demonstration.
5. Formally making a person known to another or to the public; SYN. introduction, intro.
1. A screening for a select audience in advance of release for the general public.
2. An advertisement consisting of short scenes from a motion picture that will appear in the near future; SYN. prevue.
ETYM Formerly written also shew.
1. A public entertainment or exhibition.
2. A public exhibition or entertainment.
3. (In horse racing) A finish in third place.