1. The state of being behind in the discharge of obligations — usually used in plural
2 An unfinished duty — usually used in plural; an unpaid and overdue debt — usually used in plural
1. The part of something that is furthest from the normal viewer:; SYN. rear.
2. The part of a garment that covers one's back
3. A support that one can lean against while sitting; SYN. backrest.
4. The position of a player on a football team who is stationed behind the line of scrimmage.
5. (Football) A person who plays in the backfield.
Scenery hung at back of stage; SYN. background, backcloth.
1. A painted cloth hung across the rear of a stage
1. The part of a scene (or picture) that lies behind objects in the foreground; SYN. ground.
2. Relatively unimportant or inconspicuous accompanying situation.
3. A person's social heritage: previous experience or training.
4. Information that is essential to understanding a situation or problem; SYN. background knowledge.
5. Extraneous signals that can be confused with the phenomenon to be observed or measured; SYN. background signal.
6. (Computer science) The area of the screen in graphical user interfaces against which icons and windows appear; SYN. desktop, screen background.
Sinonimi: rear of barrel | rear of tube
(Irregular plural: breeches).
Where bullets are loaded; SYN. rear of barrel, rear of tube.
ETYM Old Fren. riere behind, backward, from Latin retro. Related to Arrear.
1. The back of a military formation or procession.
2. The side of an object that is opposite its front; SYN. backside, back end.
3. The side that goes last or is not normally seen; SYN. back.
1. Termin iz domena istovremenog rada sa više zadataka (engl. multitasking) koji označava izvršavanje programa (ili zadatka) sa kojim vi trenutno ne radite, ili ga ne vidite na ekranu.
2. Još jedan termin za sliku ili šaru na radnoj površini.
1. The color against which characters and graphics are displayed, such as a white background for black characters. Compare foreground2 (definition 1).
2. The colors, textures, patterns, and pictures that comprise the surface of the desktop, upon which icons, buttons, menu bars, and toolbars are situated. See also wallpaper.
3. The colors, textures, patterns, and pictures that comprise the surface of a Web page, upon which text, icons, graphics, buttons, and other items are situated. See also wallpaper.
4. The condition of an open but currently inactive window in a windowing environment. See also inactive window. Compare foreground2 (definition 2).