Iza, straga, otraga.
At or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane; SYN. abaft, astern.
1. Happening at a time subsequent to a reference time
2. Behind or in the rear.
After; happening later.
Happening at a time subsequent to a reference time
ETYM Shortened from aback.
1. At or to or toward or the back or rear; SYN. backward, backwards, rearward, rearwards.
2. In answer; SYN. in reply.
3. In or to or toward a former location.
4. In or to or toward a past time; SYN. backward.
5. In or to or toward an original condition.
6. In repayment or retaliation.
1. In or to a place or situation in back of or to the rear of — used as a function word to indicate something that screens an observer; following in order.
2 — used as a function word to indicate backwardness, delay, or deficiency.
3. In the background of; out of the mind or consideration of; beyond in depth or time.
4. In support of; on the side of; with the support of.
1. Close behind and in the same path of travel
2. As a result of; as a consequence of