1. Farther along in space or time or degree.
2. In addition.
3. On the farther side from the observer; SYN. on the far side.
5.down the line
1. All the way; fully
2. In the future
Comparative of the adverb 'late'
1. In the time, place, or order nearest or immediately succeeding
2. On the first occasion to come
3. At the time or occasion immediately following
ETYM For sins, contr. from Old Eng. sithens, sithenes, formed by an adverbial ending (cf. Besides) from Old Eng. sithen, also shortened into sithe, sin, as. siththan, syththan, seoththan, afterward, then, since, after.
1. From a definite past time until now.
2. In the time past, counting backward from the present; before this or now; ago.
3. Because; as the result of.
ETYM Originally the same word as than. Related to Than.
1. At that time.
2. In that case or as a consequence.
3. Subsequently or soon afterward (often used as sentence connectors); SYN. so, and so, and then.