tangible object caused to appear by spiritualist medium; production of such object.
Sinonimi: play | tender | bidding
1. An attempt to get something; SYN. play.
2. A proposal to buy at a specified price; SYN. tender.
3. (Bridge) The number of tricks a bridge player is willing to contract to make; SYN. bidding.
Sinonimi: offering | offering
ETYM Cf. French offre, from offrir to offer, from Latin offerre. Related to Offer.
1. Something offered (as a proposal or bid); SYN. offering.
2. The verbal act of offering; SYN. offering.
1. A contribution of money to a religious organization.
2. Something offered for sale or patronage
3. A course of instruction or study
Sinonimi: advance | approach | feeler
1. A tentative suggestion designed to elicit the reactions of others; SYN. advance, approach, feeler.
ETYM From Propose.
1. Something proposed (as a plan).
2. The act of making a proposal.
3. Offer; specifically; an offer of marriage.
ETYM From Quote.
A passage or expression that is quoted; SYN. quote.
Sinonimi: legal tender | ship's boat | pinnace | supply ship
1. Something used as an official medium of payment; SYN. legal tender.
2. A boat for communication between ship and shore; SYN. ship's boat, pinnace.
3. A ship which usually provides supplies to other ships; SYN. supply ship.