Rude or playful kiss.
ETYM French caresse, Italian carezza, Late Lat. caritia dearness, from Latin carus dear. Related to Charity.
(Irregular plural: caresses).
A gentle affectionate stroking (or something resembling it).
ETYM Old Eng. kiss, derived under the influence of the verb from the older form coss, as. coss. Related to Kiss.
(Irregular plural: kisses).
A caress with the lips; SYN. buss, osculation.
The act of kissing; also; kiss
ETYM Perh. akin to pack; or, orig., an indefinite quantity, and from peck, v. (below): cf. also French picotin a peak.
1. A British imperial capacity measure (liquid or dry) equal to 2 gallons.
2. A United States dry measure equal to 8 quarts or 537.605 cubic inches.
Unit of dry measure equal to 8 quarts.
Obsolete unit of dry measure, equaling eight quarts or a quarter bushel (9.002 liters).
1. A sharp slap or blow; SYN. hit, slap.
2. The act of hitting something; SYN. smacking, slap.
3. An enthusiastic kiss; SYN. smooch.