Tačka; deo, odeljak; oko na kockama i kartama, vrednost pojedine karte, bod; u kocki i sportu: bod, jedinica koja se pri ocenjivanju računa u uspeh. (fr.)
ETYM French point, and probably also pointe, Latin punctum, puncta, from pungere, punctum, to prick. Related to Pungent, Puncto, Puncture.
1. (British) A wall socket; SYN. power point.
2. A V shape; SYN. tip, peak.
3. A V-shaped mark at one end of an arrow pointer; SYN. head.
4. A brief version of the essential meaning of something.
5. A distinguishing or individuating characteristic.
6. A geometric element that has position but no extension.
7. A linear unit used to measure the size of type; approximately 1/72 inch.
8. A promontory extending out into a large body of water.
9. A style in speech or writing that arrests attention and has a penetrating or convincing quality or effect.
10. A very short period of time; SYN. point in time.
11. A very small circular shape; SYN. dot.
12. An outstanding characteristic; SYN. spot.
13. Sharp end.
14. The muzzle's direction; SYN. gunpoint.
15. The object of an activity.
16. The precise location of something; a spatially limited location.
17. The property of a shape that tapers to a sharp point; SYN. pointedness.
18. The unit of counting in scoring a game or contest.