ETYM agentia, from Latin agens, agentis: cf. French agence. Related to Agent.
1. A business that serves other businesses.
2. An administrative unit of government; SYN. government agency, bureau, office, authority.
3. The state of being in action or exerting power.
4. The state of serving as an official and authorized delegate or agent
5. How a result is obtained or an end is achieved
ETYM Latin alimentum, from alere to nourish; akin to Goth. alan to grow, Icel. ala to nourish: cf. French aliment. Related to Old.
That which nourishes; food; nutriment; anything which feeds or adds to a substance in natural growth. Hence: The necessaries of life generally: sustenance; means of support.
to support militarily
ETYM Cf. French assistance.
1. The act of assisting; help; aid; furtherance; succor; support.
2. An assistant or helper; a body of helpers.
3. Persons present.
1. Something forming a back that is added for strengthening; SYN. mount.
2. The act of providing approval and support; SYN. championship, patronage.
1. Someone or something that supports or is ready to provide support in a conflict or a confrontation by doing some work or a difficult assignment is a backup.
2. When a piece of equipment or machinery is very important and another is kept available in case the one that is normally used fails, the second piece of equipment or machinery is a backup.
3. A backup is a situation in which something is being prevented from moving, progressing, or flowing normally.
ETYM Colloq. U. S.
1. The act of giving an upward push.
2. The act of giving hope or support to someone; SYN. encouragement.
ETYM Old Fren. confort, from conforter.
1. A feeling of freedom from worry or disappointment.
2. A state of being relaxed and feeling no pain; SYN. comfortableness.
ETYM Old Fren. maintenance. Related to Maintain.
Means of maintenance of a family or group.
The process of taking measures to ensure that a hardware, software, or database system is functioning properly and is up to date.
1. The act of bearing the weight of or strengthening; SYN. supporting.
2. Something that holds up or provides a foundation.
3. Something providing immaterial support or assistance to a person or cause or interest.
4. Any device that bears the weight of another thing.
5. Aiding the cause or policy or interests of.
6. Financial resources provided to make some project possible; SYN. financial support, funding, backing, financial backing.
7. The activity of providing for or maintaining by supplying with money or necessities.
8. The financial means whereby one lives; SYN. keep, livelihood, living, bread and butter, sustenance.
9. A military operation (often involving new supplies of men and materiel) to strengthen a military force or aid in the performance of its mission; SYN. reinforcement, reenforcement.
Obuka ili neko ko je na raspolaganju da pomogne sa novim računarom ili mesto gde se PC nosi na opravku. Podrška je najvažniji faktor pri kupovini računara, a nju mnogi ljudi zanemaruju jer pokušavaju da za manje para dođu do računara. Podrška podrazumeva usluge posle prodaje, kao što je pomoć preko telefona, pomoć kroz obuku i druge vrste pomoći. Prodavci softvera nude telefonsku podršku, bilo da je ona besplatna ili ne, i možete da im postavljate pitanja.
Assistance, such as technical advice provided to customers.