Prvobitno: poučna izreka; zatim: reč, govor; obećanje, časna reč; voj. reč koja služi za raspoznavanje, lozinka. (fr.)
1. Code name
2. Euphemism. codeword
1. A signature attesting the authenticity of a document already signed by another
2. A sign given in reply to another; specifically; a military secret signal that must be given by one wishing to pass a guard
ETYM French parole. Related to Parley, Parol.
A promise; SYN. word, word of honor.
ETYM Gael. sluagh-ghairm, i.e., an army cry; sluagh army + gairm a call, calling.
1. A phrase associated with a political cause or movement.
2. Any rallying cry.
3. Catchphrase of a type commonly used in advertising and politics. A slogan needs to be short and memorable. Wordplay and puns are often used in slogans (“Gotta lotta bottle”, “Go to work on an egg”).
1. A word given to sentinels, and to such as have occasion to visit the guards; password.
2. A sentiment or motto; esp., one used as a rallying cry or a signal for action.