1. To make a discovery; make a new finding; SYN. find.
2. To make a find the truth of; SYN. find.
3. To see for the first time; make a discovery.
1. To make public; to several or communicate to the public; to tell (a secret) so that it may become generally known; to disclose; -- said of that which had been confided as a secret, or had been before unknown.
2. To indicate publicly; to proclaim.
3. To impart; to communicate.
1. To become available; SYN. open up.
2. To become open; SYN. open up.
3. To begin or set in action, of meetings, speeches, recitals, etc.
4. To cause to open or to become open; SYN. open up.
5. To display the contents of a file or start an application.
6. To have an opening or passage or outlet
7. To make available, as of an opportunity; SYN. open up.
8. To make the opening move, in chess
9. To start to operate or function or cause to start operating or functioning; SYN. open up.
1. To make available
2. To make plain or visible; disclose
3. To open by cutting into
4. To spread out or come into view
5. To commence firing
6. To become communicative
7. To talk freely and without inhibition.
ETYM as. unfealdan. Related to Un-, and Fold.
1. To extend or stretch out to a greater or the full length; SYN. stretch, stretch out, extend.
2. To open to the view.
3. To spread out or open from a folded state; SYN. spread, spread out, open.