1. To reply or respond to; SYN. reply, respond.
2. To give the correct answer or solution to.
3. To give a defence or refutation of (a charge) or in (an argument).
4. To be satisfactory for; meet the requirements of or serve the purpose of.
5. To be liable or accountable.
6. To match or correspond.
7. To react to a stimulus or command.
8. To respond to a signal.
1. To be fitting or becoming
2. To be suitable to; befit
To conduct, behave; accord.
1. To give the same shape, outline, or contour to; bring into harmony or accord
2. To be similar or identical; also; to be in agreement or harmony — used with to or with
3. To be obedient or compliant — usually used with to
4. To act in accordance with prevailing standards or customs
Religious house for nuns.
To exchange messages.
1. To make sure. See Insure.
2. To betroth.
1. To be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; SYN. fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree.
2. To be equal or harmonize
3. To bring two objects, ideas, or people together; SYN. mate, couple, pair, twin.
4. To make match or correspond or harmonize; SYN. fit.
5. To provide funds complementary to
To respond favorably or as hoped
(Irregular preterit, past participle: said).
1. To utter aloud.
2. To communicate or express nonverbally.
3. To indicate.
4. To state as one's opinion or judgement; declare.
5. To recite or repeat a fixed text.
Delicate woollen fabric.