1. A messenger who bears or presents.
2. A person who presents a note or bond for payment.
ETYM From Carry.
1. Someone whose employment involves carrying something; SYN. bearer, toter.
2. A person or firm in the business of transporting people or goods or messages; SYN. common carrier.
3. A person who has some pathogen to which they are immune but who can pass it on to others.
4. A rack attached to a vehicle; for carrying luggage or skis or the like.
5. A vehicle designed to carry something.
6. An inactive substance that is a vehicle for a radioactive tracer of the same substance and that assists in its recovery after some chemical reaction.
7. A boy who delivers newspapers; SYN. newsboy.
A substance in which signals can be transmitted, such as a wire or fiber-optic cable. See media. In the arts, the physical means used to convey information or create a work of art, or the category of work resulting from these means—for instance, oil on canvas, the written word, television, and computer graphics. In painting, a medium is the liquid forming a suspension of the pigment.
1. A government agency or instrument devoted to the performance of some specific function
2. A periodical that is published by a special interest group
3. A subordinate group or organization that performs specialized functions
Sinonimi: redcap | Pullman porter
1. A person employed to carry luggage and supplies.
2. A railroad employee who assists passengers (especially on sleeping cars); SYN. redcap, Pullman porter.
ETYM Latin repositorium, repostorium: cf. Old Fren. repositoire.
1. A burial vault (usually for some famous person); SYN. monument.
2. A person to whom a secret is entrusted; SYN. secretary.
Side altar in Catholic church.
Signal koji modem koristi za prepoznavanje drugog modema. Kada jedan modem poziva drugi modem, oni međusobno razmenjuju noseće signale. Jedan signal je inicijator, a drugi odziv.
1. In communications, a specified frequency that can be modulated to convey information.
2. A company that provides telephone and other communications services to consumers.