Characterized by rough motion; SYN. jarring, jolting, jolty.
1. Having or caused by an irregular surface; SYN. unsmooth.
2. Not perfected.
3. (Of persons or behavior) Lacking refinement or finesse; physically aggressive.
4. (Botany) Of the margin of a leaf shape; having the edge cut or fringed or scalloped.
1. Sturdy and strong in constitution or construction; enduring
2. Very difficult; severely testing stamina or resolution; SYN. tough.
ETYM Latin scabrosus, from scaber rough: cf. French scabreux.
Dealing with salacious or indecent material.
Having scaly or rough surface; risqué or obscene.
Having rough or scurfy surface; scaly; full of difficulties; risqué; obscene.
1. Having unattractive thinness; SYN. scrawny, skinny, underweight, weedy.
2. Rough, jagged; also; scraggly
ETYM as. unefen. Related to Un- not, and Even.
Not even or uniform as e.g. in shape or texture.