ETYM Pref. in- not + active: cf. French inactif.
1. Not active or exerting influence.
2. Not active physically or mentally.
3. Not engaged in full-time work; (military).
4. Not engaged in military action; SYN. reserve.
5. Lacking activity; lying idle or unused.
6. (Pathology) Not progressing or increasing; or progressing slowly.
7. Not participating in a chemical reaction.
Sinonimi: neglectful of
Leaving vulnerable; SYN. neglectful of.
Given to neglecting; careless, heedless
ETYM French négligent, Latin negligens,p. pr. of negligere. Related to Neglect.
1. Characterized by neglect and undue lack of concern.
2. Marked by insufficient care or attention.