1. Cilj, granica, kraj za kojim se teži; kupast stub na kraju niskog zida u trkalištu.
2. Polovina; a meta, trg., popola, na jednak dobitak i gubitak. (lat.)
ETYM Cf. Old Fren. esme estimation, from esmer. Related to Aim.
1. The action of directing something at an object.
2. The goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable); SYN. object, objective, target.
3. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions
4. The direction or path along which something moves or along which it lies
ETYM French gaule pole, Prov. French waule, of German origin; cf. Fries. walu staff, stick, rod, Goth. walus, Icel. völr a round stick; prob. akin to Eng. wale.
The state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it; SYN. end.
Sinonimi: civic center | municipal center | down town
ETYM See Hob.
1. The center of a city; SYN. civic center, municipal center, down town.
2. The central part of a car wheel (or fan or propeller etc) through which the shaft or axle passes.
A central node in a star network to which all other nodes are connected by means of point-to-point communications links.
1. A written or printed symbol (as for punctuation)
2. A visible indication made on a surface
3. A number or letter indicating quality (especially of a student's performance); SYN. grade, score.
4. A symbol of disgrace or infamy; SYN. stigma, brand, stain.
5. The impression created by doing something unusual or extraordinary that people notice and remember
6. The basic unit of money in Germany; SYN. Deutsche Mark, Deutschmark.
1. A reference point to shoot at; SYN. mark.
2. An object set up for a marksman or archer to aim at; SYN. butt.
3. The location of the target that is to be hit; SYN. target area.
The post at the end of a racecourse.