Sinonimi: female parent
1. A woman who has given birth to a child (also used as a term of address to one's mother); SYN. female parent.
2. A woman who is the (biological or not) parent to a child or to children.
3. A condition that is the inspiration for an activity or situation
4. A term of address for an elderly woman.
5. A stringy slimy substance consisting of yeast cells and bacteria; forms during fermentation and is added to cider or wine to produce vinegar.
ETYM Latin parens, -entis; akin to parere to bring forth; cf. French parent. Related to Part.
A father or mother; one who begets or one who gives birth to or nurtures and raises a child; a relative who plays the role of guardian.