Involving or resembling burglary.
ETYM as. leóht. Related to Light.
1. Characterized by or emitting light.
2. (Used of color) Having a relatively small amount of coloring agent.
3. Not great in degree or quantity or number.
4. Of comparatively little physical weight or density.
5. Moving easily and quickly; nimble; SYN. lightsome, tripping.
6. Of little intensity or power or force.
7. (Physics, chemistry) Not having atomic weight greater than average.
8. Psychologically light; especially free from sadness or troubles.
9. Demanding little effort; not burdensome.
10. Designed for ease of movement or to carry little weight.
11. Not fatty; not rich or heavily seasoned.
12. Having little importance.
13. Of the military or industry; using (or being) relatively small or light arms or equipment.
14. Intended primarily as entertainment; not serious or profound.
15. (Of sleep) Easily disturbed; SYN. wakeful.
16. Less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so; SYN. scant, short.
1. Unbelieving, heretical
2. Depraved, villainous
Lacking principles or scruples; SYN. roguish, scoundrelly, blackguardly.
Of or characteristic of a rascal
Given to thievery; SYN. thievish.
By breaking in, in a thieving or burglarious fashion
In a manner characteristic of a thief.