1. The act of throwing a fishing line out over the water by means of a rod and reel; SYN. cast.
2. The choice of actors to play particular roles in a play or movie.
The use of a pattern, hollow form, or matrix to give a specific shape to something in a plastic or molten state. Molds are commonly used for shaping plastics, clays, and glass. In injection molding, molten plastic, for example, is injected into a water-cooled mold and takes the shape of the mold when it solidifies. In blow molding, air is blown into a blob of molten plastic inside a hollow mold. In compression molding, synthetic resin powder is simultaneously heated and pressed into a mold.
When metals are used, the process is called casting.
1. A decorative recessed or relieved surface; SYN. moulding, border.
2. A decorative strip used for ornamentation or finishing; SYN. moulding.
3. The act of creating something by casting it in a mold; SYN. casting.