1. (Architecture) Solid exterior angle of a building; especially one formed by a cornerstone; SYN. quoin.
2. The point where two lines meet or intersect.
3. A place off to the side of an area.
4. A projecting part that is corner-shaped.
5. An interior angle formed be two meeting walls; SYN. nook.
6. The intersection of two streets; SYN. street corner, turning point.
7. The point where three areas or surfaces meet or intersect.
8. A remote area.
9. A predicament from which a skillful or graceful escape is impossible; SYN. box.
10. A temporary monopoly on a kind of commercial trade.