1. A crack in a lip caused usually by cold.
2. A boy or man; SYN. fellow, lad, gent, fella, blighter, cuss.
3. (Usually in the plural) Leather leggings without a seat; joined by a belt; often have flared outer flaps; worn over trousers by cowboys to protect their legs.
ETYM A doublet of customary, a.: cf. Late Lat. custumarius toll gatherer. Related to Custom.
Someone who pays for goods or services; SYN. client.
One who purchases; one who acquires property for money; a buyer.
1. Someone who visits stores in search of articles to buy.
2. One whose occupation is shopping as an agent for customers or for an employer
3. A usually free paper carrying advertising and sometimes local news